Date: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 9:00 am
Duration: 6 Days
Registration Open for 6th Annual Cabin Fever Clay Fest – Lindly Haunani to Be Honored
Washington, DC, October 31, 2012 - Polymer Clay and Creative Arts Fests is pleased to announce that on-going registration is open for the 6th Annual Cabin Fever Clay Fest to be held February 15-20, 2013 at the Holiday Inn West, Laurel, MD. Polymer Artist, Lindly Haunani is set to being honored for her contributions to the Polymer Clay community. Other instructors include: Rosa Martha Celorio Aceves, Jana Roberts Benzon, Christi Friesen, Lindly Haunani, Tommie Howell, Doreen Gay-Kassel, Ellen Marshall, Iris Mishly, Kathryn Jo Ottman, Nan Roche, Lynne Anne Schwarzenberg, Marie Segal, Sarah Shriver, Laura Tabakman, and Cynthia Tinapple. Registration forms and class descriptions available at www.polymerclayfests.wordpress.com.
Pre-conference instructors include:
· Rosa Martha Celorios Aceves – Appliquéd Bisque Bead Pendant
· Jana Roberts Benzon Pre-Conf. – Glazed “Stoneware” Beads
· Lindly Haunani Pre-Conf. * - Translucent Innovations – Exploring Folded Bead Forms (2-day)
· Doreen Gay-Kassel Pre-Conf. – Ganesha Triptych
· Ellen Marshall Pre-Conf. – Color, Surface Treatment, and a Little Bling
· Iris Mishly Pre-conf. – Skyscraper and Flakes
· Nan Roche Pre-Conf. – Loop-In-Loop Chaining
· Sarah Shriver Pre-Conf. – Intricate Kaleidoscope Caning with a Twist
*Lindly Haunani is the 2013 Creative Pioneer and Innovator Award Recipient
_· Jana Roberts Benzon - Conference – Wruffled Whimsy
_· Christi Friesen Conference – Spectacular Stained Glass Pendants/Fe Fi Faux Fabulous
_· Lindly Haunani Conference - Bodacious Bubbles: Keepsake Blade Holder
_· Tommie Howell - Conference – “I’ve Been Framed”
· Doreen Gay-Kassel Conference – Sculptural Birds and Beasts Ornaments
__ Iris Mishly - Conference – Brocade Hemisphere
· Kathryn Jo Ottman Conference – It’s About Coordination!
· Marie Segal Conference – Between the Space Canes/Shadeplay Caning
· Lynne Ann Schwarzenberg Conference – Hooray for Polywood!
__· Sarah Shriver Conference – Mini Acorn Earrings and Pendant
· Laura Tabakman Conference – Polymer and Wire Earrings
· Cynthia Tinapple Conference – Join the Rockettes
This year, we also have the privilege of honoring Lindly Haunani with the Creative Pioneer and Innovator Award. The honor is given to polymer artists who have contributed significantly to the polymer clay world through education, creative design, and innovation. Lindly is being honored for her contributions to the polymer community including being a founding member of the one of the first guilds and her hands-on color theory workshops, which have also helped many polymer artists overcome fear of color and develop their sense of color in their work. Past recipients include: Nan Roche, Judith Skinner, and Marie Segal.
Lindly will be honored on Tuesday evening, February 19, 2013. All who wish to honor her are encouraged to attend and show their appreciation. In addition, we will hold a silent auction to benefit NICU at HCH and CP Kid Center in Louisville, Kentucky, in honor of Ron Lehocky. Email Kathryn Ottman at
for additional information and donation form.